Ambient lighting can be found on many cars these days. It enhances the atmosphere in your vehicle, making it feel like a nice place to sit.
Mercedes EQC ambient lighting comes with a wide variety of colors, options, features, and effects. You’ll find all the information you need to know in your owner’s manual. Ensure you read this thoroughly before using the vehicle.
This article will explain how to adjust the ambient lighting and make the most of it when driving your EQC.
Table of Contents
What is Mercedes EQC ambient lighting
The Mercedes EQC ambient lighting is a series of light strips throughout your car’s interior. Modern Mercedes-Benz models come with tens of options; many colors, and many hues. Whatever you’re after, you’ll probably find it in the options menu.
In the Mercedes EQC, ambient lighting is always on. However, you can adjust the brightness to make it less vibrant, should you wish to.
Don’t confuse the EQC’s ambient lighting with its interior lights. The interior lights are the bulbs switched on over your head. They’re for reading lights and when you need to see within the cabin.
Ambient lighting isn’t there to help you see. It produces an atmosphere within your car: peaceful, dramatic, aggressive – whatever you want. Perhaps you could pair it with music.
The ambient lighting in the EQC might seem like an unnecessary feature. However, if you travel a lot (for example, commuting), having a pleasant space to sit in can make all the difference. The ambient lighting can really help here.
Adjusting the brightness for the Mercedes EQC ambient lighting
The first thing you’ll want to know how to do is to adjust the ambient lighting brightness.
- On the central menu, scroll across to Comfort.
- Select Ambient lighting.
- Tap on Brightness.
- Use the slider on the right to adjust the brightness level.
Adjusting the ambient lighting brightness by zone
You can also adjust the ambient lighting brightness by zone (front and back).
- Swipe across to Comfort.
- Tap on Ambient lighting.
- Select Brightness.
- Choose Brightness zones.
- Use the sliders to adjust the brightness levels in the front and the back.
- The left slider controls ambient lighting brightness in the front.
- The right slider controls ambient lighting brightness in the rear.
Changing the Mercedes EQC ambient lighting color (standard conditions)
This section explains how to change the ambient lighting color (or colors).
- Swipe across to the Comfort menu.
- Choose Ambient lighting.
- Select Color.
- Pick the color of your choice.
You’ll find a wide range of options. Don’t forget that adjusting the brightness levels affects the color intensity to a certain degree.
Using multi-colored ambient lighting in the EQC
You can opt for multiple colors in the ambient lighting. Follow the instructions below.
- Go to the Comfort menu from the home screen of the MBUX.
- Tap Ambient lighting.
- Choose Color.
- Select Multi-color.
- Pick the color combination you want.
Using transitional multi-colored ambient lighting
Mercedes calls this feature “multi-colored animation”. In this setting, the ambient lighting cycles between colors at certain intervals.
- On your EQC’s infotainment system, swipe across to Comfort.
- Select Ambient lighting.
- Touch Color.
- Pick Multi-color animation.
- Choose your color combination.
Activating pre-set ambient lighting features
Ambient lighting can be used in specific features, which you’ll notice in the menus.
- Open the Comfort menu.
- Pick Ambient lighting.
- Tap Color. From here, you can activate ambient lighting features for the following:
- This makes the ambient lighting play a specific light sequence when you get in the car.
- Charge visualization
- The ambient lighting will represent the charge state after you connect/disconnect from a charger.
- Increasing the heat turns the ambient lighting red. Decreasing it turns the ambient lighting blue.
Check out more information about the Mercedes EQC ambient lighting in the owner’s manual. You’ll find a PDF of it below.