Our cars have progressed from simple transport to moving computers. The Mercedes EQS is no exception.
Ambient lighting is one of the best things about modern cars and the EQS. This relatively straightforward (yet well-engineered) system can instantly change the atmosphere within your vehicle.
This article explains what Mercedes Benz EQS ambient lighting is and how to adjust the settings.
Read your owner’s manual for the most relevant information.
Table of Contents
The ambient lighting in the Mercedes EQS is a great gimmick that impacts how the cabin feels. With thousands of customizable options, you get to light up your car in a completely unique way.
You can have one color, or you can alternate between different colors.
Ambient lighting is implemented with LED strips around the headboard, the infotainment panel, your door, and the seats.
The light is always indirect and therefore doesn’t distract the driver.
(It’s also handy for finding something in the car without turning on the interior lighting.)
How To Adjust Ambient Lighting
Let’s look at how you can adjust the ambient lighting to your liking.
- Go to Home on your multimedia system.
- Select Settings.
- Now tap Comfort.
- Finally, choose Ambient lighting.
You’ve successfully navigated into the menu for adjusting your ambient lighting. From here, you’ll be able to:
- Set your desired color
- Adjust the brightness of your lighting setup
- Activate and change certain brightnesses in different zones
- Choose from effects
Set Your Desired Color
The most straightforward application of ambient lighting is one color selection. This is known as ‘monochrome’.
Instead, you could choose two colors that fade into each other intermittently. This is the ‘multi-color’ option.
To set the color, follow these instructions:
- Click Color.
- Choose either Monochrome or Multi-color.
- Monochrome will give you one single color.
- Multi-color will fade between two colors.
If you select Multi-color animation from the menu, you can adapt the animation intervals by:
- Choosing the pen icon.
To set the brightness of your ambient lighting:
- Tap the Brightness button.
- With the slider, you’ll be able to select the brightness value (in percent).
Most people like to leave the setting at 100% for maximum ambiance.
Activate Brightness For Zones
To set different brightness levels in different zones, do the following:
- Select the Brightness button.
- Switch off Link zones.
Now you can adapt the brightness for direct, indirect, light strip, and accent zones in your car separately.
Choose From Effects
Your EQS is also stacked with fancy effects that can be selected by:
- Tapping Effects.
Now you can choose from a wide range of effects that depend on your car configuration. Among the best are the following:
- Climate Effect – when you adapt the temperature in your car, the ambient lighting system will show a visual change.
- Voice Assistant – when you use your in-car voice assistant, the ambient lighting visually animates the response from the system.
- Warning when exiting – if you want to open your door and there’s a car or other object in your blindspot, the ambient lighting in your door will flash red.
- Active Lane-Keeping Assist – if you have an active lane-keeping assist turned on and you swerve from your lane, the ambient lighting will flash red as an additional warning.
- Active Blind Spot Assist – active blind spot assist will also warn you visually through the ambient lighting system if there is danger in your blind spot.
- Parking Assist – information from your parking assistant sensors can not only be heard but also seen in the ambient lighting system while parking your EQS.
For more details on safety and an in-depth explanation of the ambient lighting, see the owner’s manual for your EQS.