The KIA EV6 is a high-tech electric vehicle with various advanced features, including a smart parking assist system.
This system uses sensors and cameras to help you park your car safely and accurately, making it easier and more convenient to park in tight spaces or crowded lots without worrying about steering or braking.
This article explains how to use the KIA EV6 remote smart parking assist.
Important: you’ll find three pages of system limitations in the owner’s manual. It’s crucial to read, so you know exactly how to operate it safely.
Before utilizing the KIA EV6 smart parking assist, read your owner’s manual. This will provide you with the most relevant and up-to-date information.
Table of Contents
Using the KIA EV6 remote smart parking assistThere are two ways to get your car ready for remote smart parking assist. These depend on whether you’ve driven it above 5 km/h before switching it off and leaving it.
If you’re returning to your parked car (not on charge), use these instructions:
- Press the lock button on the smart key.
- Press and hold the remote start button.
- You’ll need to do this within four seconds of Step 1.
- Press and hold the Forward or Backward button (as applicable) on the smart key.
- Hold it until the EV6 reaches your target destination.
Alternatively, if you’re about to park your car after driving it, follow the instructions below:
- Park next to the space you want your car to park in.
- Select Park.
- Press and hold the Parking/View button.
- This activates remote smart parking assist.
- ‘Under REMOTE control’ appears on the infotainment system.
- Ensure all the windows are closed, unfasten your seatbelt, and leave the car with the smart key. Close the door behind you.
- Press and hold the PARKING button on your smart key.
Using the KIA EV6 smart parking assist from inside the cabinHere’s a step-by-step guide on how to operate the smart parking assist in the KIA EV6.
- First, ensure your car is in Park mode. Also, ensure that the vehicle is stationary and the parking brake is engaged.
- Next, locate the smart parking assist button on the dashboard.
- It is located near the infotainment screen.
- Press the button to activate the smart parking assist system.
- On the dashboard display, you should see a camera view of the area behind the car.
- Use the left and right arrows on the steering wheel to adjust the camera angle if necessary.
- As you approach a parking space, the radar sensors will locate an appropriate spot.
- The system will automatically detect the space size and show whether it suits your car.
- When ready to begin parking, press the Start button on the dashboard display.
- The car will automatically start to reverse into the parking space.
- Use the brake and accelerator pedals to adjust the car’s speed.
- The system will automatically steer the car into the space, but you can override it by turning the steering wheel.
- The smart parking assist system will automatically turn off when the car is fully parked. You can then turn off the EV6 and engage the parking brake.
Safety and the KIA EV6 smart parking assistIt’s important to note that the smart parking assist system is designed to assist you with parking. You are still responsible for maintaining control of the car at all times. You should always know what’s going on around you. Be prepared to take manual car control if necessary.
Overall, the smart parking assist system on the KIA EV6 is a convenient and easy-to-use feature that can help make parking in tight spaces a breeze. But make sure you use it safely and within the system limits!
You’ll find a PDF of the KIA EV6 owner’s manual below. Please read it before using smart parking assist to ensure you don’t make any mistakes.
How do you use remote parking on EV6?
Press the lock button on the smart key, hold the remote start button, then hold the Forward or Backward button on the smart key to park remotely.
How do you use Kia remote parking assist?
Ensure the car is in Park, press the smart parking assist button on the dashboard, choose a parking spot, press Start, and use the brake and accelerator as needed.
How do I use Smart parking assist remote?
Follow the instructions in the article for remote parking, based on whether you’re returning to your parked car or parking after driving.
Why is my Kia remote parking assist not working?
Check if the car is properly maintained, your smart key has power, and you’re following the right steps. If it still doesn’t work, contact Kia support.